Fwd: [CBQ] Eola Depot?

To: cbq@yahoogroups.com
Subject: Fwd: [CBQ] Eola Depot?
From: qutlx1@aol.com
Date: Sun, 31 Dec 2006 17:58:08 EST
Sender: CBQ@yahoogroups.com
There was a shelter at Eola Road as I recall on the Sourth side,East of the
road crossing( I admit to being a bit foggy on this at this long removed date).
But rest assured in modern time there wasnt a "depot".
Some small number of suburban trains stopped here and at Farnsworth Ave(the
other end of the plant/yard complex for all practicle purposes).  The shelter
at Farnsworth was on the North side west of the road crossing and served
primarily folks working at Austin Western.
In the BRT/UTU files I found some correspondence about the "shop train" that
ran from Somonauk to Aurora. The crew of this train then worked to Chicago by
being combined with a suburban starting out of Aurora. The issue in the files
was rate of pay and number of crew members once the train left Aurora
eastbound.
 I hope to someday have an article on it and the Aurora to Eola employee only
 train. In the final years a company bus/van substituted for the Aurorat o
Eola service. The correspondence dealt with the lack of service to those
members
who were prior righted and guaranteed transportation to Eola when the freight
classification yard moved from Aurora to Eola. The train ran on a schedule
from Aurora shops to Eola Rdhse and yard office.

Leo