[CBQ] Re: Buda - modelling query. Buda, IL MEA CULPA

To: "CBQ@yahoogroups.com" <CBQ@yahoogroups.com>
Subject: [CBQ] Re: Buda - modelling query. Buda, IL MEA CULPA
From: William Barber <clipperw@EarthLink.net>
Date: Fri, 15 Dec 2006 10:25:25 -0600 (GMT-06:00)
Sender: CBQ@yahoogroups.com
Pete:

The reference to the 5600 (5621, I believe) and the diminutive engineer was
part of a later article in 'Trains'. It appeared about 1955 in one of the
"Steam in Indian Summer" series by David Morgan and Dr. Hastings.

Bill Barber

  Re: Buda - modelling query.  Buda, IL  MEA CULPA
Posted by: "Jpslhedgpeth@aol.com" Jpslhedgpeth@aol.com
Thu Dec 14, 2006 11:35 am (PST)
Steve Paul and Listers

As badly as I hate to admit it....you are correct...I took a quick look
through my Oct 46 and completely missed the Buda piece When I couldn't find the
piece immediately I came across the index and interpreted the Oct 44
reference as meaning October 1944...rather than the photos are on page 44 of
the Oct
46 Issue.....Hope you are successful in getting the map into the files.

Unfortunately this is one of my magazines that suffered water damage from
flooding in the crawl space of my home in South Holland, IL in 1965, so the
pages are somewhat mottled, and wouldn't scan well....even if I knew how to do
it....which I don't...

Please....at least give me credit for remembering that there was such a
piece in TRAINS relating to "The Buda S Curve"...I even remembered the correct
title.

I'm still convinced that there was a piece...maybe it was just a single
photo relating to Buda.
It involved a 5600 class engine I think and a "diminutive engineer" getting
her under way at Buda..this may be a different piece, but I do remember it in
the larger TRAINS format...I'm going to see if I can find it anyway...

Anyhow...Paul, Steve et al MEA CULPA.....

Pete