Re: [CBQ] Re: CB&Q Ltwt Budd Flat Top Parlors Silver Chair and Parlor

To: CBQ@yahoogroups.com
Subject: Re: [CBQ] Re: CB&Q Ltwt Budd Flat Top Parlors Silver Chair and Parlor
From: "Stephen J. Levine" <sjl@prodigy.net>
Date: Wed, 13 Dec 2006 08:50:39 -0800 (PST)
Sender: CBQ@yahoogroups.com
When I looked at the Silver Chair on #1, on Sept. 7, 1968, on what was probably
her first run after refurbishing, the snack bar was in the back of the car with
the seats facing forward.  The car, incidentally, still smelled of fresh paint.
 The #1 I was on was the first to run without the Chuckwagon (other than when
the car was in the shop) and with the observation-lounge car midtrain behind
the diner.  When I boarded the train at Union Station, a
we-are-pleased-to-announce flyer describing the Chuckwagon's replacement with
the snack bar awaited me on the seat of my room in the Silver Slumber.  The
next morning, passengers who had seen #10 as it passed in Omaha reported that
it still had the Obs at the end of the train, indicating that ours was probably
the first run with the snack car.  The car was located immediately ahead of the
diner.

  The discrepancy between my observations and those of Phil Stepek are most
likely due to coach seats in the car being rotating seats.

  sjl

GLEN HAUG <glenehaug@msn.com> wrote:
          Just the information I was looking for! Thanks Hubert and Phil.

Glen Haug