Re: [CBQ] Locomotive Lights

To: CBQ@yahoogroups.com
Subject: Re: [CBQ] Locomotive Lights
From: Jpslhedgpeth@aol.com
Date: Thu, 23 Nov 2006 00:42:43 EST
Sender: CBQ@yahoogroups.com
Patrick and list

You've pretty well covered all the bases re headllights.

I too have wondered as to the time when it began to be required  that
headlights be displayed
at all times rather than just at night.

I began railroading for pay in 1956 and headlights were required at all
times as your rulebook stated..The only thing I could add was that the
oscillating Mars Light was only used at night, while the standard headlight was
 used as
all times per your rule book cite.

If you look at old pictures in steam days you don't see headlights  displayed
during daylight hours.  I can't give you a specific reference,  but I think
that even in those days that the headlight was required under  conditions of
reduced visibility such as fog, heavy clouds, snow etc.

Pete