Re: [CBQ] Q "Suburbanaire" Service

To: <CBQ@yahoogroups.com>
Subject: Re: [CBQ] Q "Suburbanaire" Service
From: "Charlie Vlk" <cvlk@comcast.net>
Date: Tue, 21 Nov 2006 15:49:20 -0600
Sender: CBQ@yahoogroups.com
Bill-
You foget how chea... er, thrifty.... the Q was.
Keep in mind that by the late 40's many of the Gas Electrics were either
retired or in the process of having their engine compartments sheared off in
conversion to branchline combines.... thus freeing up some serviceable parts.
I am willing to bet that some of those components found their way into the
Power Cars!!!
Charlie Vlk

  Charlie,

  I suspect that the modifications on the power cars looked like gas-
  electric modifications because they were probably done by the same
  design engineers and craftsmen that had done modification and repair
  work on the gas-electrics. That is the way they knew how to do it and
  that is what they were used to; sort of a contribution to a "family"
  appearance.

  Bill Barber

  .....the Power cars always looked like they had recycled ex-Gas
  > Electric components used in their construction. I don't know about
  > the prime movers or electrical gear, but the access doors and
  > hardware certainly look like they came off of doodlebugs.
  > Charlie Vlk

  .,_._,___