Re: [CBQ] Great Northern 4-8-4 Duplex Sleeper

To: CBQ@yahoogroups.com,CBQ@yahoogroups.com
Subject: Re: [CBQ] Great Northern 4-8-4 Duplex Sleeper
From: Bob Webber <no17@comcast.net>
Date: Sun, 19 Nov 2006 21:47:18 -0600
Sender: CBQ@yahoogroups.com
The GN cars that Walthers is bringing out are accurate (as opposed to
the Kato N scale cars which are UP ACF cars for the most part).  The
cars were built from plans, and are as accurate as their cars have
been in the AT&SF series, or indeed their whole streamline series -
accurate for the intended prototype.

I'll have to look at consists, but I wouldn't doubt they showed up on
the Western Star.  The cars Walthers is doing though were
purpose-built for the EB.

At 08:41 PM 11/19/2006, Tom Mack wrote:
>Rapido has models of the Great Northern 4-8-4 Duplex sleepers as part
>of their new Super Continental line. According to their website these
>are based on Pullman Plan number 4124 which Rapido says is a GN
>prototype. The cars come lettered as:
>
>Gunsight Pass
>Triple Divide Pass
>Lincoln Pass
>Swift Current Pass
>Stevens Pass
>
>Can anyone speak to whether these cars are accurate (they seem to be)
>and if so, did these 4-8-4 sleepers run on the GN Western Star in the
>1967/68 time period?
>
>Tom Mack
>Cincinnati, OH

Bob Webber