Re: [CBQ] 1956 Denver Zephyr

To: CBQ@yahoogroups.com
Subject: Re: [CBQ] 1956 Denver Zephyr
From: Bob Webber <no17@comcast.net>
Date: Wed, 27 Sep 2006 08:28:58 -0500
Sender: CBQ@yahoogroups.com
I wouldn't say never, but I would certainly say "rarely".  The
"extra" CZ dome obs was typically working on the AK-SAR-BEN Zephyr -
and/or rotating for service.   The consists that I have seen of
multiple sections of the DZ (or even of the CZ, which were actually
of the DZ) were either without LW obs or had HW lounge obs (depending
on era and reason for section).

At 03:13 AM 9/27/2006, you wrote:
>When the Burlington ran the Denver Zephyr in sections, coach and Pullman. Did
>they use the one "extra" CZ observation on the Pullman Section?
>
>Loren Johnson

Bob Webber