Re: [CBQ] Re: Status/Access to CB&Q K-2 #637 at IRM

To: CBQ@yahoogroups.com
Subject: Re: [CBQ] Re: Status/Access to CB&Q K-2 #637 at IRM
From: Rob Adams <steamera@netins.net>
Date: Mon, 07 Aug 2006 17:15:59 -0500
Sender: CBQ@yahoogroups.com
Bill and others;

Thanks very much for the information.  It sounds as though restoring 637
will be quite a project, even cosmetically.  I wish that I lived closer
to IRM, as I'm reasonably capable with tools, and enjoy that sort of
thing.  Perhaps a weekend here or there might be feasible, but with my
children so heavily involved with school activities it is difficult to
find enough discretionary time as it is.   Regretably, I'm not at the
point where I could make a commitment to such a project.

My primary interest in 637 comes back to modeling projects and my desire
to have as much detail as possible on the Nickel Plate Products K-2's
that I'm modifying.  Close-up detail photographs of the cab, various
fittings, brake gear, springs, piping, etc. are what I was hoping to
come up with.   It sounds as though a field trip to IRM would be worthwhile.

I appreciate the assistance and extend a huge pat on the back to the
guys who've taken their turn thus far to preserve and restore so many
pieces of U.S. railroad history.

Best regards, Rob Adams

--
Rob Adams