[CBQ] Macomb & Western

To: <CBQ@YahooGroups.com>
Subject: [CBQ] Macomb & Western
From: "Rupert and Maureen" <gamlenz@ihug.co.nz>
Date: Sun, 6 Aug 2006 15:09:35 +1200
Sender: CBQ@yahoogroups.com
Whilst having a wander through the Internet, I found a reference to the Macomb
and Western Illinois Railroad.  It was apparently chartered October 1901 and
opened for service in January 1904, running from Macomb, Illinois to nearby
Industry and Littleton.

"In 1913, the railroad was reorganized as the Macomb, Industry & Littleton
Railroad. This railroad operated until a steam engine derailed about 7 miles
south of Macomb, over a ravine. This lead to the downfall of the railroad at
the beginning of the Great Depression and eventual abandonment in 1930.  While
the CB&Q is listed as the final owner, it is not believed the "Q" operated the
line."

Can anyone throw any light on this one?

Rupert Gamlen
Auckland NZ