Re: [CBQ] Looking for info on Aurora to Savanna IL

To: CBQ@yahoogroups.com
Subject: Re: [CBQ] Looking for info on Aurora to Savanna IL
From: Aeolus3@aol.com
Date: Thu, 20 Jul 2006 15:15:14 EDT
Sender: CBQ@yahoogroups.com
In a message dated 7/20/2006 6:30:00 AM Central Standard Time,
df5142001@yahoo.com writes:
2. I have been told that CB&Q operated several passenger trains
between Chicago and Twin Cities over this line. Could someone confirm
this and advise when last passenger trains operated on this line?
Yes, the Burlington did operate passenger trains over the C&I.

Twin City Zephyrs
Blackhawk
Empire Builder
Western Star
North Coast Limited
Mainstreeter

The Twin Zephyrs had 2 sets of equipment, each set made a round trip daily
between Chicago and Twin Cities. Listed as the Morning Zephyr and Afternoon
Zephyr. The C&I Line does see Amtrak service from time to time. The Amtrak
Empire
Builder has been detoured over the line.

Loren Johnson

http://us.click.yahoo.com/6pRQfA/fOaOAA/yQLSAA/8ZCslB/TM