[CBQ] Branchline Passenger Cars

To: <CBQ@yahoogroups.com>
Subject: [CBQ] Branchline Passenger Cars
From: "Myers, Scott V." <svmyers@southernco.com>
Date: Mon, 10 Jul 2006 07:23:27 -0500
Sender: CBQ@yahoogroups.com
I recently completed a second Branchline passenger car kit.  This one
was the 14 section Pullman car.  The trucks are giving me fits, as it
constantly derails, even on my 36" radius curves.  The problem seems to
occur on curves on a grade, as opposed to level curves.  Have others had
these problems with these cars?  I ran it with Walthers cars, and they
have no problems with the same spots where the Branchline car derails.
It appears to me that the large flat surface on the car underbody to
which the trucks attach may not allow the trucks to move vertically,
unlike the raised circular screw insert used for mounting most trucks.
I loosened the screw considerably so that there was a lot of play
available between the trucks and the underbody, but this did not fix the
problem either.  I am wondering if the answer may be to replace the
trucks, and if so, with what?  Anyone have any suggestions as to how to
remedy this problem?

Thanks,

Scott Myers

        .