Re: [CBQ] Place to stay-Denver

To: CBQ@yahoogroups.com
Subject: Re: [CBQ] Place to stay-Denver
From: Bob Webber <no17@comcast.net>
Date: Tue, 20 Jun 2006 11:49:51 -0500
Sender: CBQ@yahoogroups.com
Yeah, but BOY do they look at you funny when you ASK for that view
and that floor!!    Before the changes in the highway and the
downtown (with the ballpark, amusement park, etc.), it used to be a
fairly , um, interesting place to stay - and you could walk over to
the Fox Hole, which has tamed WAY down since then.   What a place
THAT was!!     You couldn't even hear the SD9's right next to it!

We used to sit there with the cameras on tripods with extra long
triggers - sit on the beds, watch tv and take pictures.  One of the
guys in the parking lot (of the BN office next door, the parking lot
was literally below the railing) had a 2 door Bronco or Scout painted
in IC colors.  Somewhere I have photos of most of the cars in that
lot....and damned near every car that went through that yard over a
three day period from about 4pm to 8pm.   Nothing like consecutive
coal drags to keep you up all night though!

That property went downhill after a while - we stopped there once and
it really was scary - don't know if they refurbed it after all the
changes in the neighborhood.   It was an entertaining place, lots of
good memories!

At 11:28 AM 6/20/2006, you wrote:
>Greg,
>
>The La Quinta downtown, if you ask for a room on the 3rd floor in the back
>you can look over the Burlington Yard. They also have a Denny's next door,
>food's not the best but it's close.
>
>Loren

Bob Webber

http://us.click.yahoo.com/ulNZQC/lOaOAA/cosFAA/8ZCslB/TM