Re: [CBQ] Place to stay-Denver

To: CBQ@yahoogroups.com
Subject: Re: [CBQ] Place to stay-Denver
From: Bob Webber <no17@comcast.net>
Date: Tue, 20 Jun 2006 09:51:34 -0500
Sender: CBQ@yahoogroups.com
Depends on affiliations you might have, etc. - what I've found lately
is that the Fairfield on 6 is good - easy on / off and convenient to
70 / 25 / Golden / Caboose - without some of the traffic issues you
have in some other places.  Plus some back ways are easier to get
to.   If you are staying more than a couple of days, there is a
TownePlace suties a block away that has a kitchen setup - the other
reason I like these two is that they are cheaper than if you go to
Golden or in Denver - but they are right between the two and are
clean, have free internet, etc.   There's another suites hotel on
that same exit, that I haven't tried.   Depends too on what
railfanning you plan on doing - but typically 6 is convenient, more
so than 25 these days with the construction.

The Courtyard / Residence Inn on the hill above the fairgrounds are
also good - but typically more expensive.  Mariotts have good deals
this weekend in Denver, usually every weekend in summer.   I've also
stayed at the La Quinta off 70, but that can be noisy, and not as
easy to get to some places - easy to get to the CORRM via the back
way though.  Also depends on where you plan on spending more of the
time, and if you plan on spending time elsewhere in the evenings,
etc.   Denver West has a lot of places to eat and a few places to
have some beer....

At 09:40 AM 6/20/2006, you wrote:
>Good moring Gentlemen (and Ladies)
>
>I will be in the Denver area Thursday and I was looking for
>suggestions for a good centrally located place to stay for running to
>hobby shops, Golden RR museum and general rail fanning.
>
>I thank you all in advance for your help
>
>Greg Koon
>Minnesota

Bob Webber

What does your credit report say about you? Find out on the Beehive.
http://us.click.yahoo.com/XrNZRC/HPaOAA/cosFAA/8ZCslB/TM