Re: [CBQ] Passenger Car

To: <CBQ@yahoogroups.com>
Subject: Re: [CBQ] Passenger Car
From: "Eddie Stavleu" <eddiestavleu@bigpond.com.au>
Date: Sun, 11 Jun 2006 08:34:12 +1000
Sender: CBQ@yahoogroups.com
Bob Webber, Rob Manley

Thank you both,  A further explanation why and what for
My very good friend Mervyn Powell { who is a member of CB&Q }
here in Australia models CB&Q and as Bob W knows
I am a hard and fast Rio Grande modeller. But my friend has all the books
inc. CB&Q color guide and that is where we saw the photo of the Silver Pendulum
behind a Motorcar. The car in the picture is a Lt Wt with fluted sides and has
oval windows, that is the reason ,the oval windows.
It looks like a std pass car but then it is hard to tell it could have a round
end
So a photo or folio drawing much more side on would do as it would look nice
on the track behind that motor car , but you must remember it will be in "N"
scale

Thank you both

Eddie Stavleu

  Eddie, I'm not sure where drawings can be found for these cars. We
  know Ken sent you the folios. There were slight variations between
  the three variants.

  There are also the steel sides with wood roof/floor kits made some
  time back that also show up from time to time - but I don't know
  about their availability down under. If you want, I can look
  tomorrow for photos (St. Charles, Railroadiana show). Not sure
  though what specifically your interest in the car is. Send me a
  note before tomorrow morning (my time) and I'll see what I can
  find. I'll take a look today and see if anyone has a good side shot.

  I think I owe you something anyway.....

  Bob Webber

http://us.click.yahoo.com/_7bhrC/NGxNAA/yQLSAA/8ZCslB/TM