Re: [SPAM] Re: [CBQ] Concrete bridges and fence posts

To: CBQ@yahoogroups.com
Subject: Re: [SPAM] Re: [CBQ] Concrete bridges and fence posts
From: Jpslhedgpeth@aol.com
Date: Sat, 3 Jun 2006 15:33:10 EDT
Sender: CBQ@yahoogroups.com
There were a number of concrete fence posts in use on the Rock Port Langdon
and Northern.
I'm now assuming that these were of Q origination.

I salvaged a bunch of these in the early 1950's before the RPL&N was  finally
abandoned.

Talk about heavy...I still have some lower back pain which strikes
occasionally and it stems back to me dragging these fence posts from the ROW to
 my
dad's pickup parked on a parallel road.

Didn't take many of these to make a full loald.

We also had several railroad crossing signposts which were concrete, and, I
assume, came from the same source.

A couple of my high school buddies and I took one down and hauled it up to
my parents house where I replanted it.  It caused quite a bit of  conversation
at the time..Believe it or not, there were even questions..."Did a  railroad
go by here once"???..

I had the crossbucks and post until 1974 when we had a sale after my dad
died and we had to get rid of a lot of "good stuff".. including the front end
number plate from F3..or whatever it was No. 155 damaged in a rear ender at
Corning, MO in 1953.   It was hanging by only one screw and just fell  into my
hands late one night while I was investigating the scene.

Well, that's probably more information than anybody needed....or  wanted..but
sometimes "one thing just leads to another"

Pete

http://us.click.yahoo.com/DHchtC/3FxNAA/yQLSAA/8ZCslB/TM