[CBQ] 60; HWs

To: "CBQ@yahoogroups.com" <CBQ@yahoogroups.com>
Subject: [CBQ] 60; HWs
From: Bob Webber <no17@comcast.net>
Date: Wed, 24 May 2006 22:24:52 -0500
Sender: CBQ@yahoogroups.com
I discussed doing this with Tom when he first came out with his
cars.  The problem was the ends - both for the roof and the ends
themselves.  They are different - different enough that he had them
cast in resin to make them correctly.

Now, I think that as Q passenger interests, we should be happy with
that level of dedication.  It certainly would have been easier to
have him take the 60' cars and just make the sides - the roofs he has
to make (out of Bethlehem car roofs, cut and glued and filled to be
right) are certainly not fun for him to do.   Now, he's looking at
other cars to do - like the DL-5 and such.  One of the ongoing issues
he has with the streamline cars he can put out is that they have to
conform to the KNOWN shortness of the available core kits.  He'd
rather get things right - he is a modeler as well.  Nothing wrong
with either approach, it's "your railroad".  But it is nice to have
the availability of correct parts.

Message 1