[CBQ] XM4 boxcars in pre-BN green

To: CBQ@yahoogroups.com
Subject: [CBQ] XM4 boxcars in pre-BN green
From: "leakinmywaders" <leakinmywaders@yahoo.com>
Date: Wed, 03 May 2006 02:31:01 -0000
Sender: CBQ@yahoogroups.com
I'm interested in modeling one of those CBQ 47500-47799 series
exterior post plug door XM boxcars (Modelers choice kit in HO scale)
that were painted in green prior to the merger.  From a pic of what
appears to be one of these cars on 52 of Clasic Trains Summer 2006
issue, it looks like the "Burlington" lettering and reporting marks,
etc. were the same as used on the red cars.   Assuming that's correct,
I have 3 questions:  1) Did the green pre-BN repaint XM4s retain the
tricolor Burlington logo and placard on the left panel of the car?  2)
I assume the stencils in the white block of the riht-had door were in
green rather than the original red; anyone know of an HO decal source
for these in green? 3) Can anyone supply a couple of car numbers from
this series that were known to have been repainted to green by mid
1969?  If someone's got a scan they could share, so much the better.
Thanx and best,

Chris Frissell
Polson, MT
Modeling the Route of the Vista Dome North Coast Limited
in late 1969