Re: [CBQ] Re: CB&Q USRA Mikados

To: <CBQ@yahoogroups.com>
Subject: Re: [CBQ] Re: CB&Q USRA Mikados
From: <robev1630@sbcglobal.net>
Date: Thu, 20 Apr 2006 20:26:54 -0500
Sender: CBQ@yahoogroups.com
In 1991 when I had my bachelor party @ Galesburg RR Days I talked to a veteran
Q engineer. We were in the cab of 3006 and I asked him about the O-4s. He said
the crews called them "snuff boxes" because they were such filthy burning
engines. Aparently the mother road agreed and banished them to C&S / FW&D
Netherland.
Sincerely,
Rob Manley
Midwest Mod-U-Trak

"When building kits is a lost art,
Only lost artists will be building kits !!"