[CBQ] Re: CB&Q Yard @ Riverside, Illinois

To: CBQ@yahoogroups.com
Subject: [CBQ] Re: CB&Q Yard @ Riverside, Illinois
From: Denny Anspach <danspach@macnexus.org>
Date: Wed, 29 Mar 2006 16:48:49 -0800
Sender: CBQ@yahoogroups.com
For what little it may be worth, I lived in Riverside 1937-1952 (did
not sell home until 1985), and as long as I can recall, the old yard
property was a coal company (the owner's son was a classmate). Others
will be far more precise, but my hazy recollection is that the
terminal disappeared about the time that a new terminal was opened in
Downers Grove (date?). Whether or not there was an interval time that
the railroad continued to use the yard space for its own purposes
prior to becoming a coal yard (leased land?), I have not the
slightest.

Denny

--
Denny S. Anspach, MD