[CBQ] NRHS Day at the George Bush Library is going to be a Packed House!

To: "tno@yahoogroups.com" <tno@yahoogroups.com>, "cbq@yahoogroups.com" <cbq@yahoogroups.com>, "cottonbelt@yahoogroups.com" <cottonbelt@yahoogroups.com>, "espee@yahoogroups.com" <espee@yahoogroups.com>, "kcsnotes@yahoogroups.com" <kcsnotes@yahoogroups.com>, "lrmrg@yahoogroups.com" <lrmrg@yahoogroups.com>, "mkt@yahoogroups.com" <mkt@yahoogroups.com>, "railspot@yahoogroups.com" <railspot@yahoogroups.com>, "ritslist@storm.simpson.edu" <ritslist@storm.simpson.edu>
Subject: [CBQ] NRHS Day at the George Bush Library is going to be a Packed House!
From: Skip Waters <wgcrush@swbell.net>
Date: Wed, 15 Mar 2006 10:23:40 -0800 (PST)
Sender: CBQ@yahoogroups.com
NRHS Day at the Bush Library is building up to be a Pack House!

We have close to 100 railfans and guests planning to show up this
Saturday, March 18th to see the "Golden Spike" including members from
North Texas, Gulf Coast, Central Texas, Texas Eagle, and Bluebonnet
Chapters of the NRHS.

We are all looking forward to Mr. Leonard Ruback's "BUSH 4141 and the
Brazos Valley" Multi-Media presentation.  It is said to be sharp and
well produced.  He has put together a nice professional presentation to
"WOW" our minds with.  Also, Mr. Steve Allen Goen's "Famous Passenger
Trains of the Lone Star State" is A NOT TO MISS EVENT!  I got to see a
pre-view of his program and let me tell you... it's packed with great
shots of every major railroad and passenger train that ran through
Texas.  At the bottom of this email is a list of the trains his program
will cover.  There are over 300 slides he will present.

It's not too late to join us in College Station.  Both Buses are
rolling out of DFW and Houston areas and SEATS are still available!

To ride the a bus, contact either:

"DFW Bus Trip" tickets
Skip Waters, President
North Texas Chapter, NRHS
Phone:  214-987-2888 office
email:  wgcrush@swbell.net

Bus leaves Grapevine Convention Center at 7:00 am and DART Mockingbird
Station at 7:30 am.  Return around 8:00 pm.

or

"Houston Bus Trip" tickets, please contact:
Tom Marsh, Trip Director
Gulf Coast Chapter, NRHS
Phone:  832-463-3017 office
email:  info@houstonrrmuseum.org

Bus leaves Metro's West Little York Park & Ride Lot at 8:30 am.  Return
around 6:45 pm.

Ticket prices for buses are:
$45.00 NRHS member
$50.00 Non-member

or,

Just so up at the Bush Library
1000 George Bush Drive West
College Station, TX  77845
(979) 691-4000
http://bushlibrary.tamu.edu
Doors open at 9:30 am - Close at 5:00 pm.

Walk up tickets are:
$20.00 NRHS member
$25.00 Non-member

Price includes Admission to Library, a BBQ Lunch at 12 Noon, and
presentations at 2:00pm.  Tell the ticket counter you are here for the
"NRHS Day" program!

Come join us!

Skip Waters
President
North Texas Chapter, NRHS

Here is a short listing of the passenger trains which will be featured
during Steve Allen Goen's program this weekend.

Fort Worth & Denver
TEXAS ZEPHYR (Trains #1 & 2)
SAM HOUSTON ZEPHYR (Trains #3 & 4)
mail trains # 7& 8

M-K-T
TEXAS SPECIAL (Trains #1 & 2)
KATY FLYER (Trains #5 & 6)
BLUEBONNET (Trains #7 & 8)
HOUSTON BLUEBONNET (Trains #27 & 28)
Denison-Wichita Falls (Trains #31 & 32 and later #11 & 12)

KCS
SOUTHERN BELLE
FLYING CROW

T&P