Re: [CBQ] QO&KC

To: CBQ@yahoogroups.com
Subject: Re: [CBQ] QO&KC
From: Ken Martin <kmartin@cwia.com>
Date: Fri, 10 Mar 2006 23:58:22 -0800
Sender: CBQ@yahoogroups.com
Rupert,

OK an abbreviated history Q O &KC. I sent this earlier to the Early Rail
group.

*Quincy, Missouri and Pacific Railroad Co.

Incorporated June 29,  1869
Main line: W. Quincy to Trenton, MO -dist. 134.61 mi.

Leased to Wabash August 21, 1879
Sold by foreclosure Jan 13,  1888 to: (Wabash lease cancelled)

*Quincy, Omaha and Kansas City Railway Co.

Incorporated Dec. 30, 1887
No new construction
Sold by foreclosure to Q.O.& K.C Railroad Jun 15, 1897.
    (see below)

*The Northern Railroad co.

Incorporated Sep 2, 1898
No construction
Deeded Dec 19, 1898 to:

*Kansas City and Northern Connecting railroad Co.

Incorporated May 28, 1895
Mainline - Pattonsburg, MO to Northern Jct, MO dist 75.29mi
Leased Aug 1, 1898 to  St.J. & G.I.  and
    extended from Trimble, MO to Grower, MO and used by
    St.J. & G.I. to access K.C.
Lease canceled and sold Nov 25, 1901 to:

*Kansas City, Peoria and Chicago railway co.
Incorporated Nov.11, 1901
Mainline - Pattonsburg, MO to Northern Jct, MO dist 75.29mi
Sold by deed to Q.O.&K.C. railroad Jul 1, 1902

*Omaha, Kansas City and Eastern Railroad Co.
Incorporated Jul 24, 1896
Mainline - Trenton to Pattonsburg, dist 33.1 mi.
Sold by foreclosure Mar 20, 1902 to Q.O.&K.C.

*Quincy, Omaha and Kansas City Railroad Co.
Incorporated Jun 1, 1897
Mainline - W, Quincy to connection with CB&Q at
    block 223 in Clay County Missouri.
Extention Avondale to CB&Q block 223, dist 2.54 mi.

With CB&Q bridge access it ran from Quincy to K.C.

Information taken from "Corporate History of the CB&Q RR CO."
W.W.Baldwin 1923?

I have found out that while the CB&Q controlled it, it did remain
"independent"untill abandonment in 1939 when parts were incorporated
into the CB&Q.

I found a webpage for the QO&KC at:
http://sjcook.com/schs/qokc/index.htm

Ken Martin