[CBQ] Re: C&S SD-40 details

To: CBQ@yahoogroups.com
Subject: [CBQ] Re: C&S SD-40 details
From: "Dale DeWitt" <dcdewitt@charter.net>
Date: Sun, 05 Mar 2006 03:50:22 -0000
Sender: CBQ@yahoogroups.com

Steve,

Thanks for your response.  I had forgotten about the photos in Hol
Wagner's book as I had it filed under "narrow guage".  The photos
you referenced are consistant with the other photos available which
show two forward facing trumpets on the C&S SD-40s but do not give
any information about if there were any rear facing trumpets on the
C&S SD-40 horns which is the key question.  One list member believes
that there were rear facing trumpets (bells) on these horns on all
diesels starting with the GP-35s but we haeven't beeen able to find
any photographic evidence to confirm so far.  The magic photo is
probably still out there somewhere.    Thanks anyway.

Dale DeWitt

--- In CBQ@yahoogroups.com, "Steve Fuchs" <fuchst900@...> wrote:

> --- In CBQ@yahoogroups.com, "Dale DeWitt" <dcdewitt@> wrote:
> >Dale,  I looked in my "Colorado Road" Book by Hol Wagner. On the
> top of Page 310 is a 3/4 down shot of 878.  It definately has two
> forward facing trumpets over the forwardmost radiator fan.  Page
309
> has a picture of 875, same.  Below it is a picture of wrecked 877,
> same but left trumpet appears bigger. Page 312 shows 886 and 887
> with  trumpets forward and the larger seemingly to the left. Hope
> this helps.

Steve