[CBQ] New athearn PS Covered Hopper

To: CBQ@yahoogroups.com
Subject: [CBQ] New athearn PS Covered Hopper
From: "Steve Fuchs" <fuchst900@yahoo.com>
Date: Sun, 26 Feb 2006 03:57:33 -0000
Sender: CBQ@yahoogroups.com
I just picked up one of these nice models in Santa Fe paint.  I chose
that color because I would like to repaint it into CBQ orgininal as
delivered scheme.   The covered hopper bulletin says that they were
painted like the HC1's.  I have a few questions.  Does anyone know of
a picture in original paint or a diagram showing these cars specificly?
The scheme that replaced it (Black Trucks and under body)has
the "Burlington" hearld in the between the second and third ribs not
the first and second like the HC 1's.  Can anyone confirm the location
and if the "Way of the Zephyrs"/"Everywhere West" was centered on the
car or ofset to fit in one of the extra wide flat area between the rib
sets?  I am assuming that the trucks were Oxide and not black as were
the HC1's.  Thanks for any light someone might want to shed on this.
On the side bar, as a young man, I painted two black/grey SD9's.
With "Everywhere West" on both sides on one and "Way of the Zephyrs"
on both sides of the other.  This when back to when I was 10 a C&S
freight died on the clock near our house. I took the opportunity to
ask the engineer while he waited why some engines said "Everywhere..."
and others said "Way of the Z.." on them. The engineer evidently didnt
know the had two different slogans on the same engine.  At 10 I just
watched beside the tracks with know way of seeing the other side.
Thanks.  Steve