[CBQ] re: Troop Kitchen cars in MoW service

To: CBQ@yahoogroups.com
Subject: [CBQ] re: Troop Kitchen cars in MoW service
From: "Gerald A. Edgar" <vje68@hotmail.com>
Date: Thu, 16 Feb 2006 20:51:30 -0000
Sender: CBQ@yahoogroups.com
I have slides taken of a # of these over the years - all but one were
still in their original green = the exception was one in silver/grey
(which was used on some ex-passenger equipment in MoW service beginning
just before BN time). Generally, beginning in the early 50's, ex-frt
cars in MoW service were nearly always orange but ex-pass cars could be
orange or the silver/grey or original green.  Tank cars could be
orange, silver/grey or black, usually the difference being if in
potable water service or other use (fuel, used oil, etc).  best to pick
up proto pics of the cars you wish to model.  Lots of prints out there
and I've shared my MoW slides at a couple BRHS meet clinics over the
yrs.  Gerald