[CBQ] Re: Suggestions on Savanna to Denrock line and Mendota area

To: CBQ@yahoogroups.com
Subject: [CBQ] Re: Suggestions on Savanna to Denrock line and Mendota area
From: "murchi209" <murchi209@yahoo.com>
Date: Thu, 09 Feb 2006 21:24:55 -0000
Sender: CBQ@yahoogroups.com
As far as a nice little town between Mendota and Galesburg, how
about Galva? There was an interchange with a branch the CRI&P that
went from Sylvis to the coal mines at Victoria Ill. Daily coal
train, plus every other day way freight on the Rock. (I used to be a
switchman for the RI)

RJ Murchison

--- In CBQ@yahoogroups.com, "Tom Mack" <thommack@...> wrote:

> I am drawing up some plans for an extension to my layout which
will be
> two (2) levels. Top level will be Savanna to Denrock and have
about 30
> feet of run. Bottom level will be about the same length with
Mendota
> probably occupying the right 16 feet or so and lines toward
Galesburg
> occupying a peninsula with about another 16-20 foot run.
>
> Here are the questions for the group:
>
> 1. Anyone have a good track blowup for Mendota c. 1967/68? I have
> Steve Holdings CD of track charts, but it would be nice to have a
> larger size Mendota map.
>
> 2. Has anyone modeled Mendota who could send me some photos or
> drawings of what you have done to give me some ideas?
>
> 3. What would be a neat town or junction to model between Mendota
and
> Galesburg? Zearing comes to mind but I'm not sure I could really
do it
> justice. Is there another neat little town with an industry or two
> and/or perhaps a nice interchange with another road where a freight
> could set out and pick up cars?
>
> 4. I'm looking for suggestions for the line from Savanna to
Denrock.