[CBQ] Galesburg Division

To: <CBQ@yahoogroups.com>
Subject: [CBQ] Galesburg Division
From: "Ralph W. Brown, Jr." <cbq682@grics.net>
Date: Mon, 30 Jan 2006 18:46:05 -0600
Sender: CBQ@yahoogroups.com
I remember reading in Burlington Bulletin No. 37 "Burlington Boxes", how the
Galesburg depot contained many offices.  This is an excerpt from the article:

"As the hub of Lines East, the Galesburg facility housed offices not only for
Galesburg Division officials but also for the general superintendent of the
Illinois District, which encompassed the Chicago, Aurora, Galesburg,
Beardstown, and La Crosse divisions.  In 1932 the district became the Eastern
Division while the La Crosse Division was merged into the Aurora Division and
the Beardstown Division became part of the Galesburg Division.  The district
structure was eliminated in the 1950s, and the Galesburg Division was split up
between the Hannibal and Chicago and Aurora divisions in 1960, though
dispatching continued to be handled from the Galesburg depot until 1966."

One of the best BBs I've ever laid eyes on.

R.W. Brown, Jr.
Galesburg, IL