[CBQ] CB&Q U28B & U30Bs

To: CBQ@yahoogroups.com
Subject: [CBQ] CB&Q U28B & U30Bs
From: "Dale DeWitt" <dcdewitt@charter.net>
Date: Sun, 22 Jan 2006 17:55:14 -0000
Sender: CBQ@yahoogroups.com
I am trying to add some extra details to the recently produced HO
scale Proto2000 CB&Q U28B & U30Bs.  These are very nice models and a
few detail changes can make them more accurate for CB&Q.  Photos in
Holck's "Burlington Route Color Pictorial Vol 2" show a red lens on
one side of the nose (short hood)lights and a clear lens in the
other.  Can someone tell me if both of these lights should be lit when
the loco is running or should they be dark?  If dark, when were they
used?

Thanks for any help.

Dale DeWitt