[CBQ] CZ Film on internet

To: "PassengerCarList-yahoogroups.com" <PassengerCarList@yahoogroups.com>, "CBQ@yahoogroups.com" <CBQ@yahoogroups.com>, "wplist@onelist.com" <wplist@yahoogroups.com>
Subject: [CBQ] CZ Film on internet
From: Bob Webber <no17@comcast.net>
Date: Tue, 10 Jan 2006 08:35:01 -0600
Sender: CBQ@yahoogroups.com
I received the following:
Dear Friends of the Zephyr:

      My 10-minute film on the California Zephyr,  with music by
Franz Liszt, can be seen at any internet point equipped with headphones. Go to:

<http://www.igeanews.it/>www.igeanews.it

and click on "graduatoria dei cortometraggi"

Best wishes,

Kevin L. Mahoney

The film is first in b/w then in color.  Some scenes are a bit dark,
but over all they do provide some very good images of interiors (of
the domes) and some of the route.  It did bring back memories -
especially recalling that I have to fog the middle windows of the
dome.   Nice scene going through the washers in Denver.  I also
recall sitting as one child does in the film - on the shelf in the
rear of the dome.  It brought back some memories.  It will also
provide a good idea on how to dress your passengers in the
dome.  (BTW, halfway through there is an extended "fade to black" -
don't be fooled, it does continue).

Note that on the consist in the latter part of the film is a D&RGW
1248-1250 dome-coach (ex C&O 1875-1877).  I visited 1249 as Silver
Holly this past weekend in Daytona.  The stainless needs some
work!  Unfortunately, you really can't get a good idea of the
interior.  Fortunately, it and the Dell Rapids (another favorite car
- Hiawatha Skytop obs (mislabeled a Beavertail obs)) are under cover
at least, though still outside.

Bob Webber