Re: [CBQ] Re: Red Owl truck in the new Zephyr

To: <CBQ@yahoogroups.com>
Subject: Re: [CBQ] Re: Red Owl truck in the new Zephyr
From: "Bob & Marian Sorensen" <rksmes@earthlink.net>
Date: Fri, 6 Jan 2006 16:53:49 -0600
Sender: CBQ@yahoogroups.com
Red Owl Stores was a large regional organization home based in Hopkins,
Minnesota.  Their central warehouse and main offices were across the street,
and railroad tracks, from Super Value.  They were the "main" grocery stores
in the Twin City area for many years during the 60's and 70's.  They
peaked-out and slowly declined as Super Value grew until, if I remember
right, they went bankrupt and Super Value bought them.  The warehouse still
stands as Super Value built a new and much larger warehouse on a nearby
site.  That warehouse has grown into a monster that is now being automated.
Two railroads went past the site, M&St.L and (iirr) the Milwaukee.  Cy can
verify, I do not have my TC map handy.
B Sorensen