[CBQ] CZ WP 16 section cars. CB&Q converted.

To: CBQ@yahoogroups.com
Subject: [CBQ] CZ WP 16 section cars. CB&Q converted.
From: Denny Anspach <danspach@macnexus.org>
Date: Thu, 15 Dec 2005 16:08:10 -0800
Sender: CBQ@yahoogroups.com
By serendipity, I spent this morning in a board meeting and lunch
with a fellow board member Arthur Lloyd, who many of you will recall
as being intimately associated with the Western Pacific's development
of,  and operations of the CZ. =-O =-O I asked him about the 16
section cars, and how and when the WP converted their car to a chair
car.  His response was "Oh, we didn"t do that.  The Burlington did it
for us".  Havelock or Aurora?  "I simply cannot recall- if I ever
knew."

He went on to relate why the car was converted:  section space had
become  "bastard space". It was originally priced as "Tourist", but
tourist fares had disappeared. They could sell it as first class
space, but only in the summer. The car was empty the rest of the year.

Out of sheer curiosity, I might try to dig out the WP's
correspondence on this matter sometime this coming year.

Denny

--
Denny S. Anspach, MD
Sacramento, California

Put more honey in your pocket. (money matters made easy).
http://us.click.yahoo.com/F9LvrA/dlQLAA/cosFAA/8ZCslB/TM