[CBQ] Blackhawk and other consists

To: CBQ@yahoogroups.com
Subject: [CBQ] Blackhawk and other consists
From: Bob Webber <no17@comcast.net>
Date: Wed, 30 Nov 2005 01:36:30 -0600
Sender: CBQ@yahoogroups.com
Tom, I don't have consists for that time frame.  However, the 1967
PTT indicates that the Blackhawk should have a 10-6, a Slumbercoach,
& 2 16-4's (the latter, only on 48 South to Chicago form St.
Paul).  So.... the only car in that time frame that is available is
the Slumbercoach - and the 16-4's from Brass Car Sides (and if you go
brass... well....  ).  Actually, the 10-6 might be also done with a
NKP Car company car - I think.   Then of course, the usual suspects
in terms of coaches and head end cars.  The 10-6 *could be *
represented by a BLI CZ car but that would not be a real typical case.

In terms of B60B, they'd be more likely to show up on the Ak-Sar-Ben
- but on earlier than 67-68.  Same with X29's.  After the mail left
the rails, the use of B60B's would be sharply curtailed.

At 12:43 AM 11/30/2005, you wrote:
>Message: 16
>    Date: Wed, 30 Nov 2005 03:56:11 -0000
>    From: "Tom Mack" <thommack@yahoo.com>
>Subject: Re: ??? re BroadwayLimited CZ cars
>
>Loren and other passenger train gurus:
>
>Could someone possibly put together a suggested consist for the
>Blackhawk using the newly released models from Walthers, BLI,
>Branchline, etc. for 1967/68 timeframe? It would be very appreciated
>for us late era modelers.
>
>Also, does anyone know if any of the PRR or PC B60B baggage cars would
>have shown up on the Blackhawk or other CB&Q trains around 1967/68?
>
>Tom Mack
>Cincinnati, OH

Bob Webber

http://us.click.yahoo.com/VpTY2A/lzNLAA/yQLSAA/8ZCslB/TM