[CBQ] Re: Walthers PS-2 hoppers

To: CBQ@yahoogroups.com
Subject: [CBQ] Re: Walthers PS-2 hoppers
From: "thommack" <thommack@yahoo.com>
Date: Wed, 30 Nov 2005 02:57:42 -0000
Sender: CBQ@yahoogroups.com
I'm just going to wait for the Athearn cars to come out for CB&Q.
Also, I didn't think that the Walthers cars were correct for the HC-3
cars since the HC-3 was 4-inches taller and 6-inches wider than the
HC-2 with a capacity of 3,219cf compared to 2,983cf for the HC-2 cars.
I'm not sure how noticable the 4" height difference or the 6 inch
width would really be in a real train, much less in HO, but I figure
that give it a year or two and we might just see a real 3,219cf (HC-3)
model released by Walthers based on their current 2,983cf model.

BTW, how about a sample poll? If we can get Athearn to do a CB&Q car
on their next run, what color/scheme should they be? I believe we have
3 choices:

1. Original Mineral red with script WotZ and EW slogans

2. 1960's Mineral Red with block Burlington and small full color
herald; also 70-ton capacity lines

3. 1965 retrucked HC-2 numbers 85050-75074 (ex 85015-85029) in black
with white lettering.

I'd like to see 3, followed by 2. Anyone else?

As a side note, aren't the ConCor PS-2's (which were the basis for the
three different color scheme BRHS cars in 1996) the same as the early
design PS-2's being produced by Athearn?

Tom Mack
Cincinnati, OH

--- In CBQ@yahoogroups.com, Ben de Vries <ben1.vries@p...> wrote:

> Am heavily disappointed in Walthers and the BRHS! Have a
> 2-pack of the Walthers PS-2's  on order, expecting these to be
prototypically correct cars. Yes,the carbody of the model
> is correct for a 1958 built HC-3 with hat-type outer ribs but
Walthers issue the cars painted black and numbered as 1954 built
HC-2's, overhauled 1965 w. 100t roller bearing trucks.These cars had
channel-type outer ribs as has the
> forthcoming Athearn model, so they should use the Walthers
paintscheme! (the Walthers cars should be grey w. red lettering).
Suppose that someone in the BRHS
> Board should have advised Walthers and should advise
> Athearn before it is too late!
> Ben de Vries, Holland

Put more honey in your pocket. (money matters made easy).
http://us.click.yahoo.com/F9LvrA/dlQLAA/cosFAA/8ZCslB/TM