RE: [CBQ] ?'s on passenger cars and Otto Perry/Commercial post

To: CBQ@yahoogroups.com
Subject: RE: [CBQ] ?'s on passenger cars and Otto Perry/Commercial post
From: "TEB2771" <teb2771@earthlink.net>
Date: Sat, 26 Nov 2005 19:22:13 -0600
Sender: CBQ@yahoogroups.com
Hi all,
Sorry I missed this commercial post as I was out of town with family for the
holiday, here's the email.
John Lee
CBQ list Moderator

The question has been asked about the CB&Q steam with headlights on top of the
boiler rather than centered on the front of the smoke box. A review of the CD
"Burlington Route Steam Locomotive Photos" (140 CB&Q steam photos from 0-4-0's
to 2-10-4's) shows that most of the pre-1930's steam has headlights either on
top of the boiler or very high on the smokebox front. Most of the modern steam,
Mikados, Northerns, Hudsons, and the ten-coupled engines, have the headlights
centered. That CD is available from Merrill Publishing Associates, PO Box 51,
Merrill, WI for $20 + $2 S&H. Tom Burg