[CBQ] 2006 St. Louis RPM Meet Announcement

To: jmikebudde@aol.com, sunsetatlake@direcway.com, BBROWN@missouri.anglican.org, dcdewi@aol.com, hawk0621@sbcglobal.net, tangerine_flyer@swbell.net, paducah@mindspring.com, BNJohn@sbcglobal.net, Plymas@cox.net, dave_lotz@charter.net, mec-bml@charter.net, therockisland@wi.rr.com, pbsmith1@earthlink.net, oddballsdecals@lvnworth.com, JWelther@aol.com, patrick.c.wider@boeing.com, dregan@accessus.net, mo-pac1@charter.net, Dbohannon2@aol.com, Lemthunder@aol.com, andy@gp30.com, fred_1_huss@yahoo.com, jkkuebler@yahoo.com, jliamarx@worldnet.att.net, hmrc@att.net, emd710@yahoo.com, gspriggs@htc.net, wrthayer@charter.net, kurtstroer@charter.net, "David Jobe, Sr." <jobed@swbell.net>, "Denis F. Blake" <dblake2996@wideopenwest.com>, Dan Bourque <dbourque@ifriendly.com>, TH498@aol.com, jamessix@ameritech.net, stuthayer@aol.com, "Spencer, John A" <SPENCERJ@cder.fda.gov>, Bruce Smith <smithbf@mail.auburn.edu>, andy14@gp30.com, Al & Patricia Westerfield <westerfield@multipro.com>, "McQuitty, Brian " <Brian.T.McQuitty@nga.mil>, Bruce Brantner <sfcoyote_2000@yahoo.com>, bhirailsystems@charter.net, chuck@railroadbooks.biz, cdean1@jefferson.k12.ky.us, "Harding, Douglas" <d.harding@mchsi.com>, frisco1306@yahoo.com, gary & kathy roe <wabashrr@swbell.net>, JARDGR44@aol.com, laserkit@aol.com, Lawrence.Thomas@bcbsmo.com, thomasl@bcbsmo.com, westerfield@charter.net, STMFC@yahoogroups.com, RPM-forum@yahoogroups.com, gsmre@yahoogroups.com, randy@modelerschoice.com, sporthob@accessus.net, brianchapman@mchsi.com, bobflores99@yahoo.com, reynrail@htc.net, CBQ@yahoogroups.com, CRIP-RR@yahoogroups.com, CofGmodeler@yahoogroups.com, illinois-central-model@yahoogroups.com, mstl@yahoogroups.com, tgregmrtn@aol.com, tculotta@speedwitch.com, cepropst@netconx.net, ACL-SAL-SCLmodeler@yahoogroups.com
Subject: [CBQ] 2006 St. Louis RPM Meet Announcement
From: John Golden <golden1014@yahoo.com>
Date: Sat, 19 Nov 2005 18:57:25 -0800 (PST)
Sender: CBQ@yahoogroups.com
Friends,

Mark your calendars: The 2006 St. Louis RPM Meet is
scheduled for 25-26 August 2006 at the Gateway
Convention Center, One Gateway Center, Collinsville,
IL 62234.

Due to the overwhelming success of the 2004 and 2005
St. Louis RPM meets, we are expanding the event to two
days and doubling the size of the meet location from
5000 to over 10,000 sq. feet.  The 2006 meet will
include model displays, clinics, demonstrations,
vendors, historical societies, and other popular
events. Times are 9:30 AM to 9:00 PM both days.
Admission: $15.00 on Friday for both days, $10.00 for
Saturday only.

This is a not-for-profit event, hosted by modelers,
for modelers.  Our goal is to provide a low cost, high
quality event, and we will continue our tradition of
quality and excellence in 2006. Clinicians, vendors
and historical society (HS) participation are being
worked now. Nationally-known names, including Ed
Hawkins, Ted Culotta, Stu Thayer, Pat Wider, Dave
Davis, Jack Spencer, John & Dan Kohlberg, Ben Hom, and
Ed DeRouin have presented clinics in previous years
and we expect to
offer an even greater lineup in 2006.

Attendees are encouraged to bring models, finished or
unfinished, for display in the main room. Models from
all scales, gauges and eras are welcome (1100+ models
were on display in 2005). Share your best techniques
and learn from your fellow modelers. There will be no
contests. Tables for model displays are free--we ask
that you reserve tables in advance to ensure we have
adequate space available.

Vendor participation is by invitation only to ensure
quality products and services for our attendees and to
maintain a balanced vendor/HS/display table ratio.  As
always, we will carefully monitor overhead to keep
costs as low as possible for our vendor guests.
Tentative vendors for 2006 include Westerfield, Bob's
Photos, AMB, Badger, Speedwitch, and many more.

In addition, we will continue to encourage maximum
participation by historical societies from around the
nation to provide prototype information for modelers
and researchers.  The CB&Q, IT, TRRA, Wabash, NKP,
Soo, C&NW, Central of Georgia, and MP societies have
participated in previous events. HS tables are
free--all we ask that HSs reserve tables in advance to
ensure we have adequate space available.

An operating FreeMo layout is also planned for 2006 as
well. More
details to follow.

Still not convinced? In addition to attending one of
the nation's
premier RPM meets, St. Louis offers the National
Museum of
Transportation, the Barriger National Railroad
Library, and some of the most exciting, comprehensive
railfanning in the nation. Join us in 2006!

If you'd like to attend, or participate with an HS or
as a vendor, please contact John Golden at
Golden1014@yahoo.com or (618) 624-8033.

Signed,

John Golden
Dave Davis