Re: [CBQ] NYC/PC "Pool Power"

To: CBQ@yahoogroups.com
Subject: Re: [CBQ] NYC/PC "Pool Power"
From: Russell Strodtz <19main@groundcontrol.us>
Date: Tue, 01 Nov 2005 16:02:48 -0600
Sender: CBQ@yahoogroups.com
Charlie,

Would think that would be an urban legend. By around 1974
it was all PC could do to get a train into Cicero without
dying. It was rather easy to collect foreign power and
cabooses. No one was keeping track of any hp/hours on this
stuff. They had broken the Switchman's Agreement about road
crews delivering quite a while before BN did. They rather
often went from the West end of the receiving yard directly
to their motel, which was over by Corwith.

We still got transfers from 59th Street with yard crews but
even those moves often ended at Cicero. It's no different
today. That cab ride home beckons and once you know it's
coming all motivation to accomplish anything seems to vanish,

Russ