Re: [CBQ] Digest Number 2548

To: CBQ@yahoogroups.com
Subject: Re: [CBQ] Digest Number 2548
From: clipperw@EarthLink.net
Date: Sat, 8 Oct 2005 09:34:01 -0500
Sender: CBQ@yahoogroups.com
Jim,

It is IC&E, not ICE. It stands for Iowa, Chicago and Eastern. They are
the current owner of the old Milwaukee Road trackage between the Twin
Cities, Chicago and Kansas City. Before it was IC&E, it was IMRL, Iowa
Missouri Rail Link. Before that, it was Canadian Pacific and before
that, it was the Soo Line. And yes, ICE does stand for the German high
speed trains, it english, Intercontinental Express.

Bill Barber

On Saturday, October 8, 2005, at 06:07  AM, CBQ@yahoogroups.com wrote:

>   Date: Fri, 07 Oct 2005 20:34:01 -0400
>    From: Jim Warsher <jaswar@sover.net>
> Subject: Re: Photo Alert
>
> Hi -
>
> Just out of curiosity, what is an ICE? I was under the impression it
> was
> the German high-speed train but certainly that could not be it, could
> it?
>
> Jim Warsher
> Rutland, Vt.

Put more honey in your pocket. (money matters made easy).
http://us.click.yahoo.com/r7D80C/dlQLAA/cosFAA/8ZCslB/TM