Re: [CBQ] Q hoppers

To: CBQ@yahoogroups.com
Subject: Re: [CBQ] Q hoppers
From: Bill Hirt <whirt@sbcglobal.net>
Date: Thu, 29 Sep 2005 21:09:17 -0500
Sender: CBQ@yahoogroups.com
Anyone interested in these PS-2s wants to pick up the September issue of
Rail Model Journal. Ed Hawkins has a nice article with lots of pictures
of the prototype cars along with as built roster. The Athearn car will
represent a pre-April 1957 version. The Walthers car will represent with
post April 1957 version. The first 30 Q PS-2s were among the first built
and the hatches vary slightly from the remainder of the run. They used
an ASF A-3 ride control truck which Athearn so far has not announced
they are doing. But the Kato A-3 ride control truck is an excellent
replacement.

Bill Hirt

Dale Reeves wrote:

> As a period modler (40's) I need to know the yrs. of service for the PS-2's.
> Dale Reeves

Put more honey in your pocket. (money matters made easy).
http://us.click.yahoo.com/r7D80C/dlQLAA/cosFAA/8ZCslB/TM