Re: [CBQ] A Touch off topic

To: CBQ@yahoogroups.com
Subject: Re: [CBQ] A Touch off topic
From: railbass@comcast.net
Date: Thu, 22 Sep 2005 17:54:34 +0000
Sender: CBQ@yahoogroups.com
I lived in New Orleans until I retired in Jan 2001 and returned to Denver.
The SP 2-8-2 #745 was the one recently restored and operated in Louisiana this
past spring and summer.   I believe the engine which Bob referred to is an SP
2-6-0 which was reconditioned in Ft Worth and sent to New Orleans for a tourist
line which lasted only a few months.   I do not know the status of either
locomotive, but I hope that they were moved from the area before Katrina
struck.   Being flooded does not help a steam engine and will require more
funds for clean-up before any further operation.
- John Manion
  Denver, CO

http://us.click.yahoo.com/dpRU5A/wUILAA/yQLSAA/8ZCslB/TM