Re: Re: [CBQ] Nebraska Zephyr damaged at IRM

To: <CBQ@yahoogroups.com>
Subject: Re: Re: [CBQ] Nebraska Zephyr damaged at IRM
From: <kohlj@bellsouth.net>
Date: Wed, 21 Sep 2005 11:34:21 -0400
Sender: CBQ@yahoogroups.com
> Photos of the damage show the corners of the cars involved torn back
> about a foot.  On sheathed cars, that would be a relatively easy
> fix.  With pre-war Budds, I'm not so sure.  And, I'm not sure if the
> museum has anyone available for shot-welding.  This is one of those
> things that can appear to be a small amount of damage that can
> actually be quite expensive to repair.

Isn't it strange how 'improvements' in technology actually make some things
harder?  50 years ago it would have been relatively easy and inexpensive to
repair that damage on the cars...

Cheers!

Jan

Put more honey in your pocket. (money matters made easy).
http://us.click.yahoo.com/r7D80C/dlQLAA/cosFAA/8ZCslB/TM