Re: [CBQ] Re: Chicago train wreck

To: CBQ@yahoogroups.com
Subject: Re: [CBQ] Re: Chicago train wreck
From: cy svobodny <ctsvobodny@yahoo.com>
Date: Tue, 20 Sep 2005 22:33:01 -0700 (PDT)
Sender: CBQ@yahoogroups.com
Last report was 69mph on a 10mph Xover.  Not a good
thing to do.  Also 2 dead.  Engr. not a rookie, had
several years in freight service, butr, only 45 days
w/Metra.

--- mikebennidict <mactach@sbcglobal.net> wrote:

> it was the Rock Island Line.
> >--- In CBQ@yahoogroups.com, Bob Webber <no17@c...>
> wrote:
> > A derailment on the Joliet line at 47th and
> Federal, one fatality and
> > 76 (at last repot) injured.  A lot of track torn
> up, no one is making
> > guesses as to cause. I don't believe this is a
> former Q line.
> >
> > At 07:03 PM 9/17/2005, you wrote:
> > >I see on the CARMA list there was a wreck today
> on the Metra Rock
> Island
> > >district in Englewood, Il. 4 alarms transmitted
> bringing in medivac
> helos
> > >and 30 plus ambulances from the Chicago suburbs.
> Anyone know what it
> was?
> > >
> > >Gordon
> >
> > Bob Webber

http://mail.yahoo.com

Put more honey in your pocket. (money matters made easy).
http://us.click.yahoo.com/r7D80C/dlQLAA/cosFAA/8ZCslB/TM