Re: [CBQ] Traintech book?

To: CBQ@yahoogroups.com,CBQ@yahoogroups.com
Subject: Re: [CBQ] Traintech book?
From: Bob Webber <no17@comcast.net>
Date: Sun, 18 Sep 2005 22:40:15 -0500
Sender: CBQ@yahoogroups.com
This is the first of a new series of books by Specialty Press (the
next is on F-Units.  They are more well known for their
airplan-related books - RaceplaneTech; WarbirdTech;AirlinerTech.  In
this book, they go over the first Zephyrs as well as the Flying
Yankee - the first Zephyrs in this case meaning up to the Silver
Charger and the General Pershing Zephyr.  Lots of color photos, lots
of detail photos (old and new), I think it complements existing books
well.  A lot of the photos come from the BRHS, DPL, Dave Lotz and the
BNSF 0 not sure how many of the vintage photos are going to be new or
non-published.  It's a soft cover book of 112 pages and over 215 photos.

I am somewhat disappointed at the choice of the title and the
coverage selection (either indicate what's covered in the title or
cover what's indicated in the title), but that is a minor nit to
pick.  Lots of good photos taken during the restoration of the
Pioneer Zephyr, which are a good addition.

At 01:15 PM 9/18/2005, zephyrus@rickadee.net wrote:
>At 08:01 PM 9/15/2005 -0500, Bob wrote:
> >I hope he has more of the Traintech
> >Burlington Zephyrs books as well - it is quite interesting.
>I have not heard of that one, Bob.  What is it like?
>Best regards,
>Randy

Bob Webber

http://us.click.yahoo.com/dpRU5A/wUILAA/yQLSAA/8ZCslB/TM