Re: [CBQ] Sad News

To: CBQ@yahoogroups.com
Subject: Re: [CBQ] Sad News
From: William Ewinger <b_ewinger@yahoo.com>
Date: Tue, 13 Sep 2005 17:05:49 -0700 (PDT)
Sender: CBQ@yahoogroups.com
jan
i will try to help with the question
bill ewinger

kohlj@bellsouth.net wrote:
That is indeed very sad and unexpected news, Dave.  I will redouble my effort
to make sure we can get these posted before too much longer...what's even worse
is that I had a few questions I was going to ask Jim about some of the slides.
I guess I won't be able to now...  :(

Jan

> From: "Dave Lotz" <dave_lotz@charter.net>
> Date: 2005/09/13 Tue AM 10:24:09 EDT
> To: <CBQ@yahoogroups.com>
> Subject: [CBQ] Sad News
>
> It is with sadness that I report another Burlington fan and CBQ List member
> has passed on.
>
> My good friend Jim Ewinger, who provided many photographs for my Burlington
> and West Burlington Bulletins died Friday afternoon after having fallen and
> severely injuring his spinal chord.  It is indeed unfortunate that Jan & I
> have not yet completed adding Jim?s photograph collection to the BRHS web
> site so that he could have seen it finished.  Jim was allowing us to scan
> all of his railroad-related negatives and slides to be placed on the web
> site.  We are close to completing this and once loaded to the web, this
> gallery will serve as a wonderful memorial to Jim and his interest in the
> CB&Q.  Here is a copy of Jim?s obituary that appeared in the Burlington Hawk
> Eye.
>
> Dave Lotz
> St. Louis
>
> James William Ewinger, 78, of Burlington died at 3:45 p.m. Friday, Sept. 9,
> 2005, at University of Iowa Hospital in Iowa City.
>
> Born Jan. 11, 1927, in Burlington, he was the son of William Frederick and
> Marie Frances Weinrich Ewinger. On June 4, 1955, he married Mary Janice
> Suman at St. Mary's Catholic Church in West Burlington.
>
> Mr. Ewinger was the president of Ewinger Supply.
>
> He was a member of SS. John and Paul Catholic Church and served with the
> Navy. He also was a member of the Shoquoquon Boat Club and Burlington
> Kiwanis Club.
>
> Survivors include his wife of Burlington; four sons, William Ewinger, Tim
> Ewinger, Gregory Ewinger and David Ewinger, all of Burlington; one daughter,
> Debra Lower of Burlington; nine grandchildren; two great-grandchildren; one
> sister, Joan Smith of Oklahoma City; nieces; and nephews.
>
> He was preceded in death by his parents.
>
> Visitation will be from 7 to 8:30 p.m. Wednesday at Prugh's Chapel, with
> family meeting friends during that time. A rosary will be recited at 7:30
> p.m., with music provided by the Des Moines County Resurrection Choir.
>
> The Mass of Christian Burial for Mr. Ewinger will be 10:30 a.m. Thursday at
> St. John Catholic Church with the Revs. Patrick Hilgendorf and Jeff Belger
> officiating. Burial will be in Sacred Heart Cemetery.
>
> A memorial has been established for SS. John and Paul Catholic Church and
> the Burlington Kiwanis Club.

> Yahoo! Groups Links

Business finances Model railroad train Train railway Car enthusiasts Railway
Corvette enthusiast

Help Sudanese refugees rebuild their lives through GlobalGiving.
http://us.click.yahoo.com/hjNroD/EbOLAA/cosFAA/8ZCslB/TM