[CBQ] Fwd: RITS: Photo and info requests/Zephyr-Rocket

To: CBQ@yahoogroups.com
Subject: [CBQ] Fwd: RITS: Photo and info requests/Zephyr-Rocket
From: jeff worones <jworones@yahoo.com>
Date: Thu, 8 Sep 2005 09:54:09 -0700 (PDT)
Sender: CBQ@yahoogroups.com
Knowing the number of Burlington/Keokuk modelers and
passenger train gurus here, thought maybe we could
help Steve out. I should be able to find some info
buried in the piles at home.

And of course I'm always interested in more info too.

I'll also send him a link to the archives because I
know we've discussed the consists and equipment in the
past.

Be sure to include Steve's address in your emails, I
don't think he's on our list.

Thanks for your help!
Jeff

--- Steven Suhs <gcbear205@yahoo.com> wrote:
> Hello all
>
> I'm looking for phots for a possible article update
> and also for a future modelling project.
>
> I am looking for the following: ANY photos in any
> timeframe taken of the Zephyr-Rocket taken either on
> the Burlington or the Rock Island.
>
> Photos of the following Rock Island passenger cars.
> Lounge Diner OBS St. Paul and St. Louis both with
> skirting and without skirting.
>
> I'm also trying to find info about the movement of
> the RPO's along this route. I have some info that
> suggests that the RI and CB&Q swapped RPO's at
> Burlington, IA and just want to confirm this or at
> least.
>
> Also I'm looking for COPIES of conductors trip books
> from those who might have worked on the Z-R . These
> books contained info such as crew names but also the
> train consist. I was fortunate enough to come across
> a couple of these from a Conductor who worked the
> Z-R between Cedar Rapids and Burlington. They
> contain a wealth of info for those wanting to find
> outpassenger train consists.
>
> As usual I will pay for any copying costs etc.....
>
> Thanks for any help that can be given.
>
> Steve Suhs

Put more honey in your pocket. (money matters made easy).
http://us.click.yahoo.com/r7D80C/dlQLAA/cosFAA/8ZCslB/TM