Re: [CBQ] Digest Number 2519

To: CBQ@yahoogroups.com
Subject: Re: [CBQ] Digest Number 2519
From: clipperw@EarthLink.net
Date: Thu, 8 Sep 2005 10:23:53 -0500
Sender: CBQ@yahoogroups.com
Keith and Bob,

Yes, there is still a low 1 lane work zone on I-88 with a 45 mph speed
limit. I find that a good alternative is US 30 from Aurora west to Rock
Falls where one can rejoin I-88 on to I-80 at the Quad Cities. You can
also continue on US 30 to Clinton, IA and go to Dubuque on US 61 west
of the river. One other possibility is US 30 to I-39 north to Rockford
area and go west on US 20 right into Dubuque. US 30 is generally
lightly travelled although it now has a few more trucks since the
raised the toll for those without I-Pass. Imagine that. Th e Toll
commission still has the audacity to charge twice the toll for a single
lane with traffic backups and a 45 mph speed limit! Guess they have to
pay for that road work!

Bill Barber

On Thursday, September 8, 2005, at 06:37  AM, CBQ@yahoogroups.com wrote:

>  Date: Wed, 07 Sep 2005 16:13:48 -0500
>    From: Bob Webber <no17@comcast.net>
> Subject: Re: re: gas prices for Dubuque meet
>
> BTW, I believe there is still a 38 mile section of I-88 west of
> Rochelle that is 1 lane.  I don't know about construction on I-80,
> but I plan on checking that as an alternate route among
> others.  Especially for those planning a "down and back" move, that
> could put a crimp in your plans.  Check with IDOT web site, perhaps
> for info.

Put more honey in your pocket. (money matters made easy).
http://us.click.yahoo.com/r7D80C/dlQLAA/cosFAA/8ZCslB/TM