[CBQ] Questions about Possible C&A Cabinet

To: CBQ@yahoogroups.com
Subject: [CBQ] Questions about Possible C&A Cabinet
From: "cbq_bill" <cbq_bill@sbcglobal.net>
Date: Mon, 29 Aug 2005 04:06:03 -0000
Sender: CBQ@yahoogroups.com
I recently saw a wood single-door cabinet.  The cabinet is 23.5" wide
by 33.25" high by 11.75" deep.  The door has a brass lock.  Behind the
door are several cubby holes and one drawer with a brass pull.  A
small metal tag on one side states "A. R. E. 56432".  On the bottom of
the cabinet, black writing states "Agt. C&A Dpo, Mason City, ILL".

I wonder if this could be from the Chicago & Alton RR's depot in Mason
City, IL.  Could the "A. R. E." have anything to do with an express
agency?  Does anyone know what this cabinet may have been used for and
by what organization?  What might a cabinet like this be worth?

Thanks in advance for any informations or thoughts that you can
share.

Bill

http://us.click.yahoo.com/dpRU5A/wUILAA/yQLSAA/8ZCslB/TM