[CBQ] Pioneer Zephyr

To: CBQ@yahoogroups.com
Subject: [CBQ] Pioneer Zephyr
From: railbass@comcast.net
Date: Mon, 22 Aug 2005 22:59:24 +0000
Sender: CBQ@yahoogroups.com
I picked up my Con-Cor HO Pioneer Zephyr yesterday and put it together, except
for the handrails, today.   The model is beautiful, but the first thing I
noticed when turning on the power is the very bright white LED headlight and
marker lights.   We have talked about this with models on many occasions, but
as this is the Zephyr from 1934, would the headlight have been bright white or
a more subdued amber?   I am thinking the white LED is too bright for that
period.   If it is, does anyone have any thoughts on how to change the light to
a more prototypical appearance.   Has anyone mentioned this to Con-Cor or am I
letting my imagination go overboard?   I have only seen the PZ years ago
displayed outdoors at the Museum of Science and Industry with no lighting.
- John Manion
  Denver, CO

href="http://us.ard.yahoo.com/SIG=12ho6k5uq/M=362131.6882500.7825259.1493532/D=groups/S=1706043004:TM/Y=YAHOO/EXP=1124758778/A=2889190/R=0/SIG=10r90krvo/*http://www.thebeehive.org
">Put more honey in your pocket. (money matters made easy) Welcome to the Sweet
Life - brought to you by One Economy</a>.</font>