Re: [CBQ] New file uploaded to CBQ

To: CBQ@yahoogroups.com
Subject: Re: [CBQ] New file uploaded to CBQ
From: Bill Hirt <whirt@sbcglobal.net>
Date: Mon, 01 Aug 2005 12:08:56 -0500
Sender: CBQ@yahoogroups.com
sholding@sbcglobal.net wrote:
> I think it looks very professional.
> For others I would think you could edit the center for the stations you want
> and print it up.  How hard is it to edit??  Normally the loading would appear
> in the column with the train and would depend on the office practice.
> Loads/Empties/tons  For model purposes you could just use the number of cars.

Steve,

I thought about the Loads/Empties/Tonnage and I may add it later. The
current feedback I got from a couple of others it might be a little
much. However, it would not very hard to add the additional columns. I
just had a couple sheets printed off 24 inches long. If you added the
L/E/Tonnage, I would probably at least double the width of train columns
to give someone enough room to write. The current sheet printed off at
24 inch length gives about 1/2" inch per column to write in. That still
may be too small. I'll find out after we use it for a few sessions.

For those with Excel, all you need to do is edit the cells with the
station names and distances for your own railroad. You can insert
lines/delete lines based on your model railroad. If you have a
spreadsheet program other than Excel, but reads Excel files, you should
be able to import the file and modify it. You will just need to check
for the formatting.

Originally I was going to have it printed at OfficeMax, but their
engineering printer had some strange set-up that they would need to make
a copy of a smaller printout and then blow it up. I then went to Kinkos
and they easily printed off the PDF version of the file to one their
engineering printers. It took 2-3 minutes. So the moral here is check
with the local copy/print houses to see what formats and programs they
support. I have a half dozen sheets now to try out and see how a couple
of different dispatchers like them. Then I can make them bigger or add
the Loads/Empties/Tonnage.

Bill Hirt

href="http://us.ard.yahoo.com/SIG=12hlaev7d/M=362131.6882500.7825259.1493532/D=groups/S=1706043004:TM/Y=YAHOO/EXP=1122923348/A=2889190/R=0/SIG=10r90krvo/*http://www.thebeehive.org
">Put more honey in your pocket. (money matters made easy) Welcome to the Sweet
Life - brought to you by One Economy</a>.</font>