[CBQ] Re: Burlington passenger cars

To: <CBQ@yahoogroups.com>
Subject: [CBQ] Re: Burlington passenger cars
From: "Mike Decker" <mdecker@gwtc.net>
Date: Thu, 28 Jul 2005 13:56:08 -0600
Sender: CBQ@yahoogroups.com
Hi Folks:

Right now, Mississippi River, Rollins Pass and Santa Fe are occupying space
on the Gillette TOFC track.  The Santa Fe is finally doing some track
maintenance to the Orin line, and there are "lots" of gandys in town.  They
were spread out in motels all over town, and even at the Crew Complex where
we stay, until the National High School Finals Rodeo came to town.  At that
point, the gandys got tossed out for the (better paying)
Cowkids/families/fans/suppliers.  So...at least the higher level, gandys are
living in those three cars.  The rodeo was finished last weekend, so they
may be moving back into their old lodging now.

On another note...the new and improved Edgemont yard is back in service,
complete with a six-day switch crew (and no RCO).  It seems like Alliance
can't get their work done since the went to RCO's, so we're getting to
switch the locals.  The yard has all new rail and switches, and they took
out all the challenge by putting in a derail on the West end.  No more
"North Dispatcher calling the Edgemont switch engine.  Do you want
permission on the West switch, your cars just went by 477.2?"

Best,

Mike Decker