Re: [CBQ] Burlington passenger cars

To: CBQ@yahoogroups.com
Subject: Re: [CBQ] Burlington passenger cars
From: Llarryo1@aol.com
Date: Wed, 27 Jul 2005 17:02:45 EDT
Sender: CBQ@yahoogroups.com

In a message dated 7/26/2005 9:23:11 PM Central Standard Time,
19main@groundcontrol.us writes:

Jim,

BNSF has a fairly large fleet of passenger equipment. Is  used
for special trains and as mobile offices. There is a school  of
thought in Railroad Marketing that one way to impress a
Customer on  the value of transportation services is to hold a
meeting in an old  passenger car. This fleet is based at Topeka
KS and is moved around the  Railroad based on a reservation
and authority system.  I would say  that most of the time you
see these cars on a freight train they are not  occupied.

Would be an interesting exercise to make up a index but  not
today.

Russ
-----

My son, who works at the BNSF Intermodal yard near Joliet, Illinois caught
pictures of about a dozen streamline cars about a year ago. I have them on a
floppy disc and will bring it to the annual meet if I make it.

Larry Owen
Bolingbrook, Il