[CBQ] Looking for steam locomotive photos

To: CBQ@yahoogroups.com
Subject: [CBQ] Looking for steam locomotive photos
From: "Jim" <jdavid1251@yahoo.com>
Date: Mon, 04 Jul 2005 01:34:43 -0000
Sender: CBQ@yahoogroups.com
This is a rather specific request, and I'm hoping that someone in this
group can help me out.  My grandparents lived in Kewanee, IL, literally
a "stone's throw" from the CB&Q tracks.  I spent countless hours
hanging around the railroad as a kid back in the 50's and 60's.  I
distinctly recall seeing steam locomotives in operation, but they were
phased out in the late 50's (with the possible exception of a railfan
excursion that may have passed through town in the early 60's).  I'm
looking for photos of steam locomotives operating in Kewanee, IL, in
the 1950's.  I haven't found one in the Burlington Route books that
I've looked through, and even the Kewanee Historical Society doesn't
have any such photos in their collection.  Nothing on the BRHS web
site, either.  I would greatly appreciate someone's help on this.
Thank you.